1953

North Philadelphia Airport opens its new $93,000 fire station. Designated Engine 18, the new fire unit consists of 33 firefighters, one pumper truck and one jeep.

1982

Augusta Aviation Corporation opens its Northeast Service Center at northeast Philadelphia Airport.

1987

Augusta Aviation Corporation announces the relocation of its North American headquarters from Bucks County to Northeast Philadelphia Airport..

2001

Atlantic Aviation relocates offices and operations to the renovated mail terminal building.

The Polonia Bank Flyers Skate Zone opens on Norcom Road in September 2001.

2003

A memorial Butterfly Garden is completed. The Airport collaborated with the Compassionate Friends of Northeast Philadelphia to construct the garden.

2005

Phase 2 of the perimeter path project is completed along Red Lion and part of Decatur Road.

The Airport opened Taxiway E, connecting Taxiway F to the approach end of Runway 6, and opened another portion of Taxiway D, connecting Taxiway L to the approach end of Runway 15. The new and added taxiways allow aircraft to use the full length of the runways without having to "back taxi."

The Airport's new vehicle storage and maintenance building was completed.

2006

Wawa opened a store and 6-fuel pump gas station on Grant Avenue and Blue Grass Road.

2007

Agusta completed construction of a second production plant consisting of a 50,000 square foot facility and a 60,000 square foot warehouse. The addition of the new plant produced more jobs, bringing the total number of Agusta employees to 500.  .

 2010

 The Aviation Institute of Maintenance broke ground on an additional training facility in order to meet its demand of student mechanics. The new training facility will double the size of the institute's current building.

 

Northeast Philadelphia Airport - Local ShoppingNortheast Philadelphia Airport- Noise Abatement