Prohibited and Permitted Items at Security Checkpoints
- Liquids and gels in containers larger than 3.4 ounces are NOT permitted through the security checkpoint.
- Liquids and gels in containers 3.4 ounces or less must be placed in clear plastic sealable bags size 1 quart or less and presented for inspection at the checkpoint.
- Passengers are limited to one clear plastic bag. All other liquids and gels must be placed in checked baggage.
- Exceptions are made for prescription and over-the-counter medications, baby formula, breast milk, and eye drops as well as other medically necessary items. These items can exceed 3.4 ounces but must also be presented for inspection at the checkpoint.
- Laptops, camcorders, CD players, and electronic hand-held games are permitted as carry-ons. Laptops must be removed from their cases and placed in a plastic bin at the X-ray machine.
- Firearms, sharp knives, box cutters, mace, golf clubs, and most sporting goods equipment are among numerous items that are not permitted in carry-on luggage.
For more detailed information on prohibited and permitted items in both carry-on and checked luggage, visit the Transportation Security Administration website.