Prohibited and Permitted Items at Security Checkpoints
- Liquids and gels in containers larger than 3 ounces are NOT permitted through the security checkpoint.
- Liquids and gels in containers 3 ounces or less must be placed in clear plastic sealable bags size 1 quart or less and presented for inspection at the checkpoint.
- Passengers are limited to one clear plastic bag. All other liquids and gels must be placed in checked baggage.
- Exceptions are made for prescription and over-the-counter medications, baby formula, breast milk, and eye drops as well as other medically necessary items. These items can exceed 3 ounces but must also be presented for inspection at the checkpoint.
- Laptops, camcorders, CD players, and electronic hand-held games are permitted as carry-ons. Laptops must be removed from their cases and placed in a plastic bin at the X-ray machine.
- Firearms, sharp knives, box cutters, mace, golf clubs, and most sporting goods equipment are among numerous items that are not permitted in carry-on luggage.
For more detailed information on prohibited and permitted items in both carry-on and checked luggage, visit the Transportation Security Administration website.