Rules and Responsibilities
1. All non-badged “Visitors” must be escorted at PHL.
2. Escorting of a "Visitor” is allowed to take place by authorized Blue Badged Personnel for short-term, legitimate, business related reasons only.
3. Employees who lose or forget their ID Badges are NOT considered "Visitors" and cannot be escorted.
4. A limited number of BLUE badged employees who demonstrate a routine operational need will be granted ESCORT privileges.
5. ONLY Blue Badge Escort Authorized personnel may escort individuals into the Secure, Sterile and Restricted areas of the Airport.
6. Red and Yellow badges MAY NOT ESCORT in the SECURE, STERILE, or Restricted areas of the Airport.
7. Yellow badges may escort unbadged individuals in the non-secure section of the Airport Operations Area (AOA).
8. Authorized Escorting may begin only at Security Screening Checkpoints or Gate V01.
9. Authorized Escort Blue Badge Holders are designated with an Airport applied “E” sticker on the face of their Badges, or with a Solid Red Line that identifies a Law Enforcement Officer.
10. Authorized Escort Blue badge holders may only ESCORT Three (3) people at any given time. Vehicle Escorts may only ESCORT One (1) person at a time. The ESCORT must take full responsibility for the Visitor(s), and must explain Airport and Escorting Rules to the Visitor(s).
11. Visitors under Escort must be under direct control of the authorized escort at all times. This means they must remain within 10 feet and in the direct line of sight of their escort at all times.
12. Authorized Escorts must notify Airport Police if they lose control of their Visitor(s).
13. Authorized Escorts are responsible to report any suspicious activity to airport police immediately.