Beginning May 7, 2025, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States.

REAL ID By State

From another state or U.S. territory? Click here for the Department of Homeland Security's REAL ID readiness tool. 

Alternate Acceptable Identification
  • U.S. passport or passport card
  • U.S. military ID
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • Enhanced driver’s licenses (offered in MI, MN, NY, VT and WA. Generally marked with U.S. flag)
What to Bring to Your REAL ID Appointment
  • Proof of Identity
  • Proof of Social Security Number
  • Proof of State Residency
  • Proof of Legal Name, Date of Birth and/or Gender Designation Change (if applicable)
Learn More
Department of Homeland Security Be Your REAL ID Self
Transportation Security Administration Flying with a REAL ID
Notice of Privacy Practices