Mobile Passport Control (MPC) allows U.S. citizens and Canadian visitors with a smartphone or tablet to use the Mobile Passport app to submit their passport information and answer CBP inspection-related questions prior to a CBP inspection. Eligible travelers opting to use the MPC app will no longer have to complete a paper Customs Declaration form, resulting in quicker processing and shorter wait times.
There are five easy steps to using MPC:
- Download the Mobile Passport App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store prior to arriving
- Create a profile with your passport information
- Complete the “New Trip” section upon arrival in the United States by selecting their arrival airport and airline, taking a self-photo
- Submit responses to inspection-related questions to CBP through the app to receive an electronic receipt with an Encrypted Quick Response (QR) code
- Bring your passport and smartphone or tablet with your digital bar-coded receipt to a CBP officer