How does PHL — and the aviation industry — come back from the COVID-19 crisis? What immediate and lasting impacts will the coronavirus pandemic have on air travel? In the new “Runway to Recovery” video series, PHL CEO Chellie Cameron is joined by members of the Airport’s leadership team for discussions on what the post-COVID-19 aviation world will look like and how they are planning for change.
In the first episode, Chellie is joined by Stephanie Wear, PHL’s Director of Air Service Development and Cargo Services. Topics of discussion include:
- A preview of the 2020 summer and fall travel seasons
- Remaining hopeful despite difficult service cuts
- Maintaining regular contact with PHL’s airline partners
- The rise of cargo service due to COVID-19
- The possible resumption of leisure travel
- The importance of Philadelphia’s geographical location regarding cargo and air service opportunities