If you are flying out of Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) this Thanksgiving Week, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Busiest days: Sunday, December 1; Saturday, November 30; Wednesday, November 27
- Arrive at the Airport at least 2 hours prior to scheduled departure for a domestic flight; 3 hours for an international departure.
- Dedicated TSA Pre-Check lanes are available at Checkpoint A-East (Gates A 1-13), C and D-E. Checkpoint C is TSA Pre-Check only and is open from 4:15am to 8:00 p.m.
- If you are flying American Airlines, check your terminal as well as departure gate before you arrive at the Airport so you know where to check in and go through TSA screening. American flights depart from Terminals A-West, A-East, B, C and F.
- Once you are through security, all terminals and gates are accessible. It’s about a 15-minute walk between F and C Terminal. American operates free shuttles between Terminals C and F and Terminals A and F.
- Know the TSA 3-1-1 rule and know what you can and cannot pack in your carry-on. Check tsa.gov for more details.
- Know your airline’s baggage policy before coming to the airport by checking their website or contacting them directly. If you have a question about Airport security or what you can take in your carry-on or checked bags, contact @AskTSA on Twitter and Facebook, or call 866.289.9673.
- Use the Navigate PHL interactive map to guide your way through the airport at https://maps.phl.org
- If you’re parking at PHL, check space availability in the garages and Economy Lot at https://phl.org
- The free Cell Phone Lot is conveniently located 1 minute from all bag claim areas. Don’t wait on the roadways for your party to be picked up. Don’t leave the lot until your passenger is at curb side with luggage ready to be picked up.
More PHL holiday travel trips: https://bit.ly/2KIz1aB
Press Release PDF