Final Environmental Assessment and Finding of No Significant Impact/Record of Decision For Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) – West Cargo Redevelopment and Expansion Plan
The City of Philadelphia Department of Aviation (DOA) announces the completion of the Final Environmental Assessment (Final EA) and Finding of No Significant Impact/Record of Decision (FONSI/ROD) for the proposed West Cargo Redevelopment and Expansion Plan (the proposed action) at the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL).
The purpose of the proposed action is to meet the current and future needs of air cargo at PHL and improve airport safety. After careful consideration of the information contained in the Final EA, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has determined that significant environmental effects will not result from the proposed action. Therefore, the FAA has issued a Finding of No Significant Impact/Record of Decision (FONSI/ROD).
The report sections and appendices of the Final EA are provided at the link(s) below for viewing and/or download along with the official public notice.
- Public notice
- Finding of No Significant Impact/Record of Decision – West Cargo Redevelopment and Expansion Plan
- Report files:
- Front end materials (cover, FONSI/ROD, title/signature sheet, table of contents, abbreviations/acronyms)
- Section 1 – Purpose and Need
- Section 2 – Alternatives of Airport Development
- Section 3 – Affected Environment
- Section 4 – Environmental Consequences
- Section 5 – Public Involvement
- Section 6 – List of Preparers
- Section 7 – References/Citations
- Appendix files:
- Appendix A – EA Background Information and Supporting Documentation
- Appendix B – Siting Analysis
- Appendix C – Agency Consultation
- Appendix D – 2019 Wetlands and Waterways Delineation Report
- Appendix E – Hazardous Materials Documentation
- Appendix F – Historic Resource Documentation
- Appendix G – Transportation Impact Assessment
- Appendix H – Drainage and Climate Change Report
- Appendix I – Air Quality Analysis
- Appendix J – Noise Assessment
- Appendix K – Wetland Mitigation Feasibility Study
- Appendix L – Public Involvement
- Appendix M – Regulatory Setting
- Complete EA File Download
If you have issues accessing these files, please call 215-937-6758 for assistance.
Thank you for your interest in your Airport!