Happy International Women in Engineering Day! The City of Philadelphia’s Division of Aviation is proud of the important projects being led by its women engineers at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and Northeast Philadelphia Airport (PNE). This work enhances the guest experience, brings innovation to our airfields and terminals and strengthen our regional economic impact.
Learn more about the projects our women engineers are working on:
- Lisa Devine-Darney, Construction Manager: Menzies fuel farm rehabilitation
- Lynne Perry, Resident Engineer: Roof replacement
- Allyson Radford, Contract Administrator: BiPolar ionization air cleaning system
- Sobi Babu, Civil Engineering Specialist: Remain Overnight (RON) aircraft parking apron
- Sarina Stoor, Resident Engineer: Restroom renovations
The Division of Aviation’s Capital Development Group is led by Api Appulingam, PE. In addition to overseeing all of the PHL and PNE projects in the multi-billion program, she is president-elect of the Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS), Philadelphia Chapter and was recently appointed to the board of the Free Library of Philadelphia by Mayor Jim Kenney.